Saturday, July 15, 2006

My life right now

I went to children's camp last week...very interesting. I had a lot of fun meeting all of the kids and the leaders. I was the missionary, so I got to see all of the kids everyday in class. It was fun for me because I never had to give any type of presentation on Pine Ridge, so I was able to talk about it a lot and it made me even more excited about going. The kids were so funny! They always had a funny question or comment, such as "I know where Florida is on the map!" or "Are those kids from New Mexico," after we had spent three days talking about South Dakota. Fun times!

And maybe you're asking what else have I been doing. Well, last night I sat outside of Chic-fil-a for a long time. I was there from maybe 9ish until 1 in the morning. They were having some promotion thing and the first 100 people got free food for the equivalent of a year, or something like that. I wasn't in line, but I was hanging out with people who were. They had to stay until 6 am. Craziness! But, I guess it was worth it, for the free food. And today, I went to Amy's bridal shower. Very fun!

So, I've got about two weeks left here. I haven't really started packing yet, so I guess I need to get to that. I'm getting really excited about going. However, I'm also nervous. Sometimes, I think my excitement is hidden beneath my stress and nerves...hopefully people are understanding about that. Oh, and we're having a going away party next weekend. It should be lots of fun! We're gonna play volleyball, frisbee and eat food. What could be better?!?

I'm going to start saying my good-byes next week. I think I could start crying right now just thinking about it. There are some people that I'm going to probably put off saying good-bye to because it will hard for me, and that's just the way I deal with things. So, that's what I'll be doing for the next two weeks. Please pray for me as I'm saying good-bye and grieving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home