Friday, October 06, 2006

It's FRIDAY!!!

I am SO thankful that it is Friday! It's Friday, and the kids are gone....I can breathe. This week was rough. It's the first of the month, so the kids are all anxious and worried about having money (welfare checks come in at the first of the month) for food and clothes. It's such a different life-style than the comfortable southern Indiana. I feel bad for my kids when they're not here at the first of the month because (more than likely) they're at home taking care of siblings because the parents are out drinking. It's so sad!
My sixth grade classes just might make me go gray. LOL. Well, it's not really a laughing matter.... As much as I love those kids, I sometimes just wish that 3rd and 4th periods could be skipped. Is that possible? To really dislike a class so much to just wish that I didn't have to have it? Hopefully it will get better. I'll just keep telling myself that, and keep praying for these students, and for me and my patience.
This weekend will hopefully be relaxing. I plan on driving to Chadron to go to Wal-Mart. Woo-hoo for the big adventure! And I've decided that I need more chocolate in my life (I wasn't really eating any, but lately I NEED it!) We don't have school on Monday (a little cheer!) Most of the kids don't even know why we have Monday off...it's Native American Day. Well, it's nice to see that they don't know that.
Oh, that reminded me....I think I was called a racist about 15 times this week. Students get so frustrated with having to do work they just call me a racist. And to think you had to do work at school. I would've never guessed. Man, I'm a bit sarcastic today. Sorry. Just worn out and oh so thankful that it's the weekend!
Have a wonderful weekend!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home