Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Ready for Turkey Day!

Here I am, at school, for parent-teacher conferences. It's been kind of a slow day. I've had about 12 parents come in so far, for about 15 kids. But, I've only had about 3 parents of my homeroom kids come in to get their report cards. It's been nice though, because I have been able to clean my room and organize things. And any of you who know me well, know that I tend to just throw things wherever, so today was a much needed day of cleaning.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I'm going to Rapid City to spend some time with some friends of mine and their family. It should be fun! I'm looking forward to it. However, it will be different, not being at home, eating cornbread and hashbrown caseroles and party mix. YUMMY!! I guess my family will just have to eat extra for me. I'm sure they won't mind that, at all!
This week has been crazy, but really nice. The past three nights, I've only got 11 hours of sleep. Yesterday was a rough day because the lack of sleep was catching up to me, but today I'm better, and my body might even be used to it. But, it was nice only having two days of school this week. And on Tuesdays, I only teach 8th grade because a group comes in and teaches a class called the Cirlce of Life, discussing all sorts of things from HIV/AIDS to expressing feelings and being able to communicate with people. It's a really neat class for these kids!
Last weekend I went to Rapid City to hang out with the people I'm spending Thanksgiving with. We had a great time! Shawna and I went to the mall- the first time that I had been since I moved out here. And then we went to the RamKota and played pool and then on Saturday, we went hunting. I had never been before, so it was a neat, different experience for me. I can't say that I'm much of the hunter, but now I can say that I have been deer hunting, and seen a deer that's been gutted (GROSS!!)
Well, that's all I really have for now. I'm looking forward to the break and it will be wonderful.
OK, Mr. Pence, the LA teacher just walked in and handed me a recorder, you know, like the instrument. He's giving them to all of the teachers so we can practice 4 Christmas songs and perform them for the kids before Christmas. Too much!! But I love it! As hard as it can be here, it's things like this that keep me laughing and going. Love you all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home