Thursday, December 28, 2006

Well, I've been home for about 4 days now, and I'm just about ready to head back. But, it's fun being back. I think I've gained weight, though, since I've eaten out a lot. I now realize how much we go out to eat and stuff. Crazy! It has been nice, not having a schedule and trying to squeeze tons of stuff in. My prayer and care team had a party for me last night, so that was fun, and I got to see lots of people from church. I also got to show them pictures of the Rez and it was neat for them to see where I've been and what they've been praying for.
I'm in town until the 2nd, which will be good. I'll have more time to see people and do lunches and dinners. I'll also be here for New Year's, so that will be fun. I think I'm going to be with Jr. High leaders, and that's always fun! We play cards and other games, so much fun!
It has been kind of hard, though, coming back and trying to fit in and get back into the swing of things. It's different, here. I'm used to the country and having space and a slow paced life. But here, it's fast and things are so close together and people have gone on with their lives, while I've been off, living my own life and doing ministry, and then I come back, and try to catch up with people. It's kind of hard and stressful on me. But, it's okay. I knew that going into this. It's one of those things we talked about at MTI, so I knew about it and was ready for it, for the most part. And, it's weird, because I'm different. I'm not the same Katie Parker that left here. I think differently, I look at life differently and I live differently. It's sort of hard to explain, but anyone who has lived in another place completely different from their hometown should understand.
Well, I have 4 more days here, in good ole Indiana! I'm looking forward to the time I have left. Even though I'm ready to head back, I'm going to try to stay focused on things going on here and live life in the moment.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a great New Year!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home